By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the mandatory dining requirements & who is required to purchase a Meal Plan?

All enrolled students living in the Residence Halls are required to purchase a meal plan. The Bulldog Unlimited Plan is mandatory for all entering Freshmen and students who have earned less than 24 credit hours. Sophomores with more than 24 credit hours may choose from the Unlimited or the 12-Meal Plan. All other upperclassmen living on campus with more than 64 credit hours may choose the 7-Meal Plan.

How can a student or employee select a meal plan?

Anyone wanting to purchase a meal plan must contact Residence Life located in 106 University Center, call 205-726-2956 or website:

Meal Plan options for Fall & Spring

  *All meal plans include $130.00 Dining Dollars

Bulldog Unlimited Plan                Cost - $2432/semester

12-Meal Plan                              Cost - $1789/semester

7-Meal Plan                                Cost - $1134/semester

What are Dining Dollars?

Dining Dollars is a declining balance account that can be used for purchases at all Samford University Dining facilities. All three(3) meal plan options come with $130.00 of Dining Dollars, these Dining Dollars expire at the end of each semester.

Samford University Dining facilities: Einsteins Bro. Bagels, Pete Hannah Smoothie Bar, Chick-fil-A, Samford Grill, Boars Head Deli, Hioshu Sushi and Freshens

What are Additional Dining Dollars?

Additional Dining Dollars can be added to your account anytime during the academic school year; for orders over $100 you receive a 10% BONUS. Additional Dining Dollars will roll over each semester and are good till the end of the Summer term. Additional Dining Dollars is a declining balance account that can be used for purchases at all Samford University Dining facilities.

What are Bulldog Bucks?

Bulldog Bucks is a declining balance account that can be used for food, goods and services anywhere the Samford Card is accepted on Campus. Bulldog Bucks accounts are available to students, faculty and staff. Bulldog Bucks roll over from semester to semester.

How do I know which account to use?

If you are eating in The Caf you should use a Meal Swipe, however you can also use any other form of payment to dine at The Caf. If you are dining at any other location you can use Dining Dollars or Bulldog Bucks. The register will deduct money from the account in the following way: Dining Dollars, Additional Dining Dollars, Bulldog Bucks.

Can I use another person card to purchase a meal?

No. You may not use another student's Samford Card to purchase a meal. Meals are Meal Plan holder exclusive and cannot be used to purchase meals for other guest. You may use Dining Dollars to purchase food for any guest. Any Samford Card that is used by another student other than the owner will be confiscated and turned into Public Safety.

How can I add additional dining dollars?

Dining Dollars are purchased through GET --

Add dining dollars to your account at any point in the year

All purchases over $100 receive a 10% bonus back

All unused Dining Dollars through GET remain on your ID through the end of Summer II each year

Does Freshens take a meal swipe?

No, but they accept Dining Dollars, Bulldog Bucks, cash, credit or debit.

What Happens if I lose my Student I.D?

Lost or stolen meal cards can be replaced. Should this happen to you, please contact the Public Safety office. Cards can be replaced for $15.00. You may reach public safety at 205-726-2020.

Can I request exemption or change my meal plan?

All students must follow the meal plan requirements based on the number of credits earned, year of residency and location of residency. If you qualify for a smaller meal plan, you have until the first Friday after classes begin to make a reduction. You may add or increase a meal plan at any time. Call the Residence life Office at 205-726-2956 to adjust your plan.

If you have a medical condition with nutritional considerations, please contact Disability Services at 205-726-4078 for permission to alter meal plan requirements. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis to best ensure equal access to campus services.

How Can I See What The Caf is Serving Today?

You can see the full menu, including nutritional information, by downloading the "Bite" app in the app store. 

You can also go to to view Caf menus.

Important Notes

  • Enrolled students not residing on-campus may elect to purchase any of the meal plans during the Fall & Spring semesters.
  • Meals will be available on housing move-in day for the Fall & Spring semesters.
  • The day to use meal plans is the last day of finals for both Fall & Spring
  • Students can use up to five (5) meal swipes per day.
  • Meals are exclusive for the meal plan holder.
  • Dining Dollars can be used to pay for guest at all dining locations.
  • Meals rest on Sunday night
  • The Caf has a Take 4 Program for those in hurry.
In This Section
Samford University | Dining Services | 800 Lakeshore Drive | Birmingham, AL 35229 | tel. (205) 726-2385 | Contact Us