Your Sodexo Campus Dining Team is dedicated to sustainability. We know we can all work together to make a positive impact right here at Samford University. In addition to the many initiatives we take on as a company, we have implemented the following programs specific to Samford University
- responsible land stewardship
- ensuring safe & fair conditions for farm workers
- providing safe growing, harvesting & processing practices
- reducing or eliminating pesticides
- eliminating hormones & sub-therapeutic antibiotics in livestock
- providing healthy & humane care for livestock
- located within 250 miles of our Atlanta warehouse
- Visit the Caf and join the program for a one-time, non-refundable fee of $10.00
- Fill up your to go box with delicious food and take it with you on-the-go.
- When finished, return your box to the cashier at the Caf to have it cleaned and pick up a new one.
- Repeat as you choose.
The Common Market is a nonprofit regional food distributor with a mission to connect communities with good food from sustainable family farms. We strive to improve food security, farm viability, and community and ecological health.
Currently operating in the Mid-Atlantic, Georgia, and Texas, The Common Market is expanding to other U.S. regions to build a nation of vibrant regional food systems. Choose a location to become a customer, producer or to learn more about our local initiatives.
On the first Wednesday of each month, Samford University Dining has volunteers who wake up at 3 a.m. and arrive on campus to prepare breakfast for over 150 homeless men living at the
Jimmie Hale Mission in downtown Birmingham, AL. In 2019 Samford University Dining won the Heroes of Everyday Life award and granted $1,000 to the Jimmie Hale mission.