Your Sodexo Campus Dining Team is dedicated to sustainability. We know we can all work together to make a positive impact right here at Samford University. In addition to the many initiatives we take on as a company, we have implemented the following programs specific to Samford University
- responsible land stewardship
- ensuring safe & fair conditions for farm workers
- providing safe growing, harvesting & processing practices
- reducing or eliminating pesticides
- eliminating hormones & sub-therapeutic antibiotics in livestock
- providing healthy & humane care for livestock
- located within 250 miles of our Atlanta warehouse
The Choose-to-Reuse program is back at Samford fall 2021! All students with meal plans will receive a FREE Choose-to-Reuse container when they begin classes on August 30!
Students will be able to take 1 meal to-go in the Caf whenever they have their Choose-to-Reuse containers with them. After you enjoy your to-go meal, bring the DIRTY container back with you and we will exchange a clean one with you. Then enjoy another to-go meal.
- Students can only enjoy 1 to-go meal when using their Choose-to-Reuse container.
- Students will not receive a clean Choose-to-Reuse container without having their dirty one with them.
- DO NOT clean the containers at home, they must be brought back to be cleaned in our sterilized commercial cleaners.
- If you lose your Choose-to-Reuse container, you can purchase an additional one from our website for $10.00.
- All faculty & staff are welcome to enjoy the program, but they must be purchased from our website for $10.00.
On the first Wednesday of each month, Samford University Dining has volunteers who wake up at 3 a.m. and arrive on campus to prepare breakfast for over 150 homeless men living at the
Jimmie Hale Mission in downtown Birmingham, AL. In 2019 Samford University Dining won the Heroes of Everyday Life award and granted $1,000 to the Jimmie Hale mission.